By: Debbie Lui
Thanks to Debbie Lui, we have this delicious fresh Spring Couscous salad!
Preparing a spring salad is simple – all you need are fresh leafy greens, vinegar, and oil. But, you can add more flavor and texture with this Spring Couscous Salad! Couscous are tiny granules made from crushed durum wheat that have a fluffy texture and complements a wide range of natural flavors. Couscous has a medium glycemic index (GI) level, but serving with veggies helps to decrease the GI level even further!
Serves: Makes 10 servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 cups couscous
- 4 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 10 spears asparagus, halved
- ½ cup diced tomato
- A few basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Pepper + salt to taste
- Follow the instructions on packaging to cook couscous.
- Set aside to cool when cooked.
- In saucepan, sauté corn kernels and asparagus until slightly softened.
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- In large salad bowl, combine couscous and all veggies.
- Stir until combined.
- In a small bowl, stir oil, vinegar, juice, salt and pepper until fully combined.
- Drizzle salad with dressing before serving.
Tell us how you like this recipe in the comments below!